Latest News

Sunday 8 February 2015

I like flaunting my boobs –Stella Ebegbunem


Standing at over six feet tall, Stella Ebegbunem could be said
to have an intimidating personality. Though, her name may
not ring a bell, the Ambrose Ali University law graduate, who
dropped her debut single, Kolo in 2005, is back on the block
with a new single, Every Part of Me. She tells Entertainer her
story.
Tell us about yourself and background?
My name is Stella Francis Ebegbunem. I am from Delta State,
from a family of seven and I am the last child. I was born and
brought up in Lagos.
Tell us about growing up, were you born with a silver spoon?
Growing up was fun. I was very close to my dad. I learnt lots
of things from him. It was a fun home where every weekend
there was one function or the other. We learnt to love our
neighbours, and be contented and happy at all times. I grew
up having everything I wanted because my dad made sure we
got the best. He wasn’t materially wealthy, his greatest asset
are his children. As the last child of the family I always had
my way. I was a little naughty but God fearing, and that was
the handiwork of my mum and dad. They taught us how to
love and fear God and also know the difference between good
and bad. I grew up in a lovely home.
What motivated you into music?
Music has always been part of my life. I grew up in a family
where music was loved and appreciated; my dad especially
loved music. I am very close to him and he is my best friend.
He loves to dance a lot. I believe he motivated my pursuing
music as a career.
When did you start music professionally?
My very first single, Kolo, was released in 2005. I later did the
remix with Ruggedman; it was a massive hit!
Could you describe your kind of music?
I am an Afropop singer. I dance a lot and it reflects in my
songs.
How do you get inspiration to write songs?
First, my inspiration came from God Almighty because He gave
me the talent. Then I get inspiration from my surroundings,
events, my moods and the words I hear.
Tell us about the songs you’ve done so far?
My last single was Every Part Of Me and the video is about to
hit the airwaves. Every Part Of Me is a dance song with a
strong African feel. It has an electrifying and magical force
and a powerful love background. The video was shot by a very
young and talented video director, Six. It was produced by the
youngest of all producers, Prince Micah. Before Every Part Of
Me there was Superwoman, a song that appreciates women
who go through the challenges of marriage, career and
motherhood, women who work hard to support their husbands
and family. And my next single is Ibadi , a club banger that will
be produced by Puffy T, producer of Olu Maintain’s Yahoozee.
Which artistes would you say have influenced you musically?
I was inspired by a lot of artistes in my growing up days. I
listened to Onyeka Onwenu, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner,
Alicia Keys and many more.
The industry is competitive, how do you hope to break in?
Yes, it is competitive and that is the beauty of it because it
makes you work harder and brings out the best in you.
Breaking through will never be a problem because the sky is
wide enough and can accommodate everyone as long as you
work hard and remain unique.
Why did you dump law for music?
I followed my passion, but law has continued to guide my
music career and has broadened it.
Which contemporary artistes would you like to work with and
why?
I love Olamide; he is very talented. Flavour is just out of this
world and Tiwa Savage is awesome! I would also like to work
with Mode 9, Don Jazzy and Phyno; they are all beautiful
artistes.
Are you single or married?
I am not married but hoping to get married soon.
Are you seeing anyone?
That is supposed to be private.
Could you marry someone from the music industry?
God knows best. I will marry anyone who is my friend and
confidante and he could be from any field or walk of life. As
long as he is God fearing and we respect each other, I could
marry him.
Who is your ideal man?
I have never been into looks or height but I know I always get
blown by a kind hearted and caring man, a man who is
interesting, lively and fun to be with. He must be ambitious
and most importantly, intelligent and God fearing. Funny
enough, a short man has never approached me.
Why?
Well, people say I have an intimidating height for a lady, and
my complexion and look could make people think that I am
proud and snobbish. They say I have a very strong personality
so, if you are not free minded, you would assume wrongly.
Meanwhile, I am a very shy and loving person.
Has a man broken your heart before?
Men will always break your heart at some point in your life as
long as you are a human being.
What is your selling point?
Some say it is my beauty, others say it is my height while
others yet say it is my complexion and some parts of my
body. But I will say my simplicity and the energy I exude in my
music and stage performances stands me out.
What is that part of your body you love to flaunt?
God has blessed me with a very good body so I can flaunt any
part of it, but I think I love my tummy because it is effort­
lessly flat. I can also flaunt my legs because they are beautiful
and shapely. Also, I love to flaunt the upper part of my body
because I am fully endowed; I don’t know which is my favou­
rite (laughter). I can flaunt any and every part of me. But I
wish I could flaunt my heart because it is the most beautiful
and favourite part of me.
In the next five years where do you think music will take you?
Higher than where I am right now. In the next five years, I will
own a very big record label and assist up-and-coming artistes
by God’s special grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Amebocity.com User is responsible for anything he or she comments..the comment does not represent the views of Amebocity or any of its crew.

Tags

Recent Post