Latest News

Saturday 17 January 2015

ZIZI CARDOW: SHORT, SIMPLE, UNIQUE


Zizi Cardow is one of Nigeria’s notable and most successful
fashion designers. She is popular for her efforts in the
revolution of African fabrics. Her contribution towards the
growth of fashion in Nigeria and beyond, has earned her
several awards such as DAME award for Outstanding
Achievement in Fashion, St Moritz Style Selection Award and
Most Influential Person in Fashion Award. Also, Imo State
Chamber of Commerce once conferred her Ambassador of
Fashion, among other awards. VIVIAN ONYEBUKWA takes a
look at her sense of style.
Sense of style
Zizi is quite famous for her super short dresses. Her sense of
style is always very classy and unique. Her style can also be
classified as simple, fun and comfortable.
And for clothes, one would probably say she has been highly
influenced by her designs with African fabrics. As a proponent
of African fabrics, you would find 90 per cent ankara outfits in
her wardrobe.
Her style is versatile. In one of her media publications, she
said: “I can count a few pieces that I would say are my outing
clothes. I really don’t have outing clothes because I like things
to be versatile for me; what I can wear in the day, I can wear
at night. I could just dress it up or dress it down”.
Accessories
A peep into her wardrobe will probably provide you with a wall
full of accessories such as earrings, necklaces, bags, shoes.
Zizi will always tell: “I am bag fetish”
Trends
Zizi is a trend setter herself and does not wear what is in
vogue. To her, style is putting on something that suits your
body, looks good on you and makes you comfortable. “I don’t
wear things because others are into it. You can actually create
your style and look good in it”, she said.
Red carpet
She is always a red carpet delight with her simple, unique,
short things that comes most times in ankara .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Amebocity.com User is responsible for anything he or she comments..the comment does not represent the views of Amebocity or any of its crew.

Tags

Recent Post