Latest News

Saturday 24 January 2015

Why I’m vying for Ogun East Senatorial Seat — Kashamu


The Chairman, Organization and Mobilization Committee of
the Peoples Democratic Party in the South West, Prince Buruji
Kashamu has said that he was not seeking the position of a
senator for any pecuniary gain or personal aggrandizement.
Kashamu who is contesting the Ogun East Senatorial District
election, said he did not see the position of a senator as a
means to gain power.
He however pledged to work for the realization of an Ijebu
State from the present Ogun State for the benefit of the people
of his senatorial district.
The Ogun PDP chieftain who said this during the formal
launch of his campaign in Ijebu Ode added that he was
seeking election as a senator in order to widen the horizon of
his service to humanity, having enjoyed God’s favour and
kindness.
According to him “In vying for public office, I neither seek fame
nor wealth. I even do not seek power because the almighty
Allah has been kind to me as a private citizen. The records
are there for all to see. I offer myself for election so as to
widen the horizon of my service to humanity.
“You all know me. I am one of you. I have always been with
you, whether there is election or not. I am not a seasonal
politician. I have been with you all through the years, politics
or no politics. You all know the various empowerment
initiatives that we have done through the Omoilu Foundation.
Some of which have been mentioned by the DG of my
Campaign Organisation. My dear good people of Ogun East, if
I have done all these in my capacity as a private
businessman, I promise to do even more when I am elected
by you as a senator representing Ogun East Senatorial
District.”
Unfolding his programme of action, the Ogun East PDP
senatorial candidate assured the people of the district that he
would pursue the creation of Ijebu State if elected as a sena­
tor in the forthcoming polls.
Kashamu also promised to ensure the realization of the
Olokola Free Trade Zone project and the proposed cargo air­
port initiated by the immediate past administration in the
state but abandoned.by the Governor Ibikunle Amosun-led
government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Amebocity.com User is responsible for anything he or she comments..the comment does not represent the views of Amebocity or any of its crew.

Tags

Recent Post