Latest News

Wednesday 21 January 2015

My school will publish my results soon-Buhari


The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress
(APC), Muhammadu Buhari has addressed the press in Kano
about the status of his high school certificate.
Speaking to journalists at the Presidential Lodge at the Kano
State government house earlier, General Buhari said he was
constrained to address the press because of the genuine
concern of Nigerians and his admirers.
He stated that he wrote the Cambridge/WASC examination 53
years ago at the Provincial Secondary School in Katsina. He
listed his examination number 8280002 saying he passed in
the second division.
Speaking further, he said that he has directed his former
secondary school-now Government College, Katsina- to
publish his high school diploma results in national newspapers
as soon as it is available.
Buhari used the opportunity to name two people he claimed
were his classmates in high school, they include late politician
and retired army general, Musa Yar’Adua and a retired
President of the Court of Appeal, Umaru Abdullahi.
Below is the Press Statement by General Muhammadu Buhari,
GCFR, on the School Certificate Issue
Good Morning, Gentlemen of the Press.
I only consented to address you this morning because of the
genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other
well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed.
Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is – sheer
mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the
nation’s while.
I had assumed all along that all my records were in the
custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army.
Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record
of the result is available, there are no copies of the
certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally
requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School,
Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina]
to make available the school’s copy of the result of the
Cambridge/West African School Certificate.
This will be made available to the press the moment this is
available.
However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that
I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated
in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General
Shehu Yar’Adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme
Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former
President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of
Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we
graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I
passed the examination in the Second Division.
And although the ruling party may want to wish this away,
the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I
obtained 53 years ago.
The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of
millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the
pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our
people and the lack of concern of the government for
anything other than the retention of power at all costs.
Thank you very much.
General Muhammadu Buhari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Amebocity.com User is responsible for anything he or she comments..the comment does not represent the views of Amebocity or any of its crew.

Tags

Recent Post