Latest News

Wednesday 24 December 2014

OBJ, my favorite leader –George Inyang


George O. Inyang, an architect is the
Deputy Director, Planning, Research and
Data Management Services (PRDMS) at
Nigerian Maritime Administration and
Safety Agency (NIMASA). He was
honoured with the chieftaincy title of
Obong Amaetimkpo which means “Lover
of good things” by his community and
inducted elder of the Methodist Church of
Nigeria. He recently celebrated his 54th
birthday. Amaetimkpo in his elated mood
told Sunday Sun that he celebrated his
birthday as an only offspring of his
parents that has lived this long. He said
he started marking his birthday at the age
of 30 to show appreciation to God who
spared his life.
“It is not just birthday celebration but
exceptional thanksgiving. I thank God as
often as I can and in fact, my birthday is
my Christmas because after celebrating
it, I hardly celebrate Christmas like
others,” he said.The encounter was an
opportunity to know his favourites.
Excerpts:
Which is your favourite book?
The Bible is my favorite book any time
any day. It’s the best book in the world
and you can never get tired of reading it.
It’s not like newspaper which is stale the
following day you bought it. Bible news is
constant and current. Each time you read
it, there is always an impact that you
derive from it.
Favourite holiday spot?
My village Mbio-Oku-Ikot- Odung in Akwa
Ibom State is my favorite holiday spot
and Dubai. In my village, I enjoy peace
and tranquility. It is always the opposite
of Lagos where there is much hustling
and bustling. Dubai is one of the most
fascinating cities I have visited . It is full
of excitement, drama, discipline and has
exciting architecture. Everything works in
Dubai.
Favourite leader ?
(laughs) Olusegun Obasanjo (OBJ) as he
is fondly called is my favorite leader. He is
the Obama equivalent of Nigeria in the
sense that he won election against all
expectations. I see him also as Nigeria’s
Nelson Mandela, having gone to prison
and came out to be the president. He is a
stubborn character and that stands him
out as a leader.Without a trait of stub­
bornness, a leader will not make an
impact in Nigeria. He is courageous and if
Nigerians are to be honest, we have to
acknowledge him as one of our greatest
leaders. A factor most people refused to
acknowledge as his best selling point is
that he’s detribalized. Remembering his
antecedents right from the day he
succeeded the late General Murtala
Mohammed as Head of State, Obasanjo
successfully handed over to a civilian
regime. It was a feat nobody believed
could happen. Despite his shortcomings,
he had the courage to contest election
and lead as a president.
Favourite outfit?
I love Jeans. Jeans is always rugged,
durable and ageless. It makes you look
smart and easy going.
Favourite food?
(laughs). I love eating everything good
but I love well prepared coconut rice
garnished with dried fish and prawns.
Favourite drink?
I don’t drink spirits. I love Star Lager beer
and water. You know Star Lager shine
shine bobo is a beverage.
Favourite colour?
I love blue as it stands for love.
Favourite car?
I love Mercedez Benz especially E-320. E-
Klasse 320 is exceptional, it has been
tested and trusted. The E-klasse 320 is
voted the best sedan for several years
world wide. It is convenient and reliable.
Favourite quote?
My favorite quote is Warren Buffett’s “Wall
Street is the only place that people ride to
in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those
who take the subway.”
Favourite musician?
David Adedeji Adeleke “Davido”. He is an
American-born Nigerian artist, performer
and recorder. I love his Omo Baba Olowo
song. I love the concept , choreography,
lyrics and the rhythm of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Amebocity.com User is responsible for anything he or she comments..the comment does not represent the views of Amebocity or any of its crew.

Tags

Recent Post