Latest News

Friday 26 December 2014

Babatunde: I’ll return to Eagles


Nigeria international and Volyn Lutsk
player, Michael Babatunde has said he is
ready to do all it takes to return to the
Super Eagles team.
The midfielder, who clocked 22 on
December 24, 2014, was yet to play for
the country since suffering an injury
against Argentina at the FIFA World Cup
Brazil.
While expressing his delight to full fitness,
he said his five – month absence from the
national team did not go down well with
him, he said he is willing to work hard to
get a call up for future games.
“I feel very bad but that is the game for
you. I was injured twice and went for
surgery twice but thank God I’m back on
my feet again,” Babatunde told Goal.
“Football is a game where people get a
chance to exhibit their skills and you
expect the coach to seek for alternatives
in the absence of others.
” Well, I’m not worried whether I will lose
my place in the team or not – it is just a
wake up call for me to get back to my
best towards getting a national team call
up, while i leave the rest for national team
selectors to invite me.”
Babatunde also revealed that his best
moment in 2014 was representing the
country at the 2014 FIFA World Cup which
promising to do better in 2015.
“It is was no easy feat play- ing for my
country at the FIFA World Cup – which I
think is the biggest thing to have
happened to me this year, he continued.
“I would have expected to play more
games in the tournament but for the
injury. All the same, I give God all the
glory.
“Since my return from the Brazil World
Cup, my fans have tasked me to do more
which
I think is my driving force. In 2015, I hope
to do more while praying I stay out of
injury too,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Amebocity.com User is responsible for anything he or she comments..the comment does not represent the views of Amebocity or any of its crew.

Tags

Recent Post